Nature's Happiness proudly supplies premium quality, whole food, organic, and natural supplements.
CircuForce Brain Power 101 | HealthForce Nutritionals Superfoods
CircuForce Brain Power 101 | HealthForce Nutritionals Superfoods
The Human Brain
As one of the largest organs in our body, our brain consists of around 100 billion neurons (nerve cells), and weighs around three pounds. Our body must pump a large volume of blood through our brain to fuel the incredible amount of nerve cell activity which happens here. Although our brain constitutes only about 2% of total body weight, it requires about 20-25% of our body’s oxygen supply, which is transported into our brain through the blood brain barrier by our bloodstream.
Two-thirds of our brain is composed of fats, but not just any kind. Most brain fats are polyunsaturated, meaning their structure contains two or more double bonds, making the molecules flexible and highly reactive. DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), AA (arachidonic acid), and GLA (gamma linolenic acid) are the main polyunsaturated fats required to build a healthy brain structure. These fats are incorporated into the membranes of brain cells (neurons) and help to maintain flexible, dynamic membranes that are able to transmit and receive enormous amounts of information.
The human brain is an incredibly complex master regulatory organ that, either directly or indirectly, controls the function of all the other organs and tissues in our body. Our brain also facilitates higher cognitive functions such as abstract thinking, reasoning, and thought. Keeping our brain healthy is important, not just for cognitive health, but for overall body health as well, as any dysfunctions in the brain eventually have an impact on other body functions.
Factors Affecting Brain Health
The blood supplying our brain provides large amounts of glucose – the main energy source for brain cells. As our brain does not store glucose, it must have a constant supply from our bloodstream. If the blood supplying our brain has low glucose levels (during a bout of hypoglycemia, for example), mental confusion, dizziness, or convulsions may occur. If blood flow to our brain stops for even a short time, unconsciousness will result. Brain neurons deprived of life-giving oxygen for four minutes or more may become permanently damaged.
The highly reactive nature of the polyunsaturated fats that make up the majority of brain cells, while allowing for maximum information exchange between brain cells, also makes these cells very susceptible to oxidation (free radical damage). Given that our brain uses 20-25% of our body’s oxygen supply, and the fact that brain tissues do not produce many antioxidants, free radical damage from oxygen radicals in our brain is potentially a significant problem that can lead to conditions such as dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. In addition, excess blood glucose, resulting from either a diabetic condition or consumption of refined sugars, can cause damage to brain cells. The excess sugar bonds with proteins or fats in our brain cells, resulting in compounds known as Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGEs), which destroy the proper functioning of these cells. Damage to brain cells via free radicals or AGE production can be dramatically reduced by consuming foods or supplements containing abundant levels of quality, food-based antioxidants.
Another factor that damages brain cells is chronic stress. In a 2006 study, chronic, long-term stress was shown to trigger the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease and highly elevated levels of generalized brain neurodegeneration. Hormones secreted by the adrenal glands (e.g., cortisol and adrenaline) when we are under stress are the main culprits here. Chronic exposure to cortisol, for example, has been shown to shrink our brain, and also damage brain cells in the area of our brain needed for memory and learning. In addition, stress hormones divert blood glucose away from our brain to fuel exercising muscles, an ancient adaption to ensure we have the muscle power to outrun that saber-toothed tiger. This diversion reduces the amount of energy production in brain cells, negatively impacting both the cognitive and regulatory functions of our brain. Unfortunately, millions of Americans unknowingly raise their stress hormone levels every day, sometimes multiple times a day, when they consume caffeinated drinks and foods such as coffee, soft drinks, and chocolate. In addition to stimulating the secretion of stress hormones, caffeine also directly acts as a powerful vasoconstrictor in our brain, constricting blood vessels and decreasing circulation and oxygen supply to our brain by up to 30%! As a result, if at some point we decide to decrease daily caffeine consumption, the blood flow to our brain will increase dramatically, giving us a “withdrawal” headache. This is one of the reasons why it is so difficult to kick the caffeine habit.
CircuForce™ is a brain and overall body tonic containing three potent herbal extracts known for their adaptogenic effects on our body :
Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract
- Gingko biloba is the world’s oldest known tree species, having been in existence for at least 270 million years.
- Contains several bioflavonoids that support to dilation of blood vessels, increasing blood flow to our brain and the entire circulatory system, which means better delivery of nutrients and oxygen to our body’s cells.*
- Potent antioxidant properties that help protect our brain, liver, and adrenal glands from free radical damage.*
Eleuthero Root Extract
- Adaptogenic herb that supports our body’s ability to handle stress.*
- Has antioxidant properties.
- Contains choline, a brain nutrient that supports learning and memory retention.*
- Helps improve both circulation and the cellular uptake of oxygen.*
Gotu Kola Leaf Extract
- One of the most important herbs in Ayurvedic medicine, helping us combat the negative effects of stress, fatigue, and caffeine.*
- Improves blood flow throughout our body by supporting the structural integrity of veins and capillaries.*
- Brain tonic which is said to balance right and left hemispheres of our brain.*
- Supports healthy cognitive function and overall sense of well-being.*
- Powerful overall brain tonic.
- Promotes healthy circulation throughout our body.*
- Supports immune health and adrenal gland function.*
- Helps to normalize our body’s inflammatory response.*
- Supports heart and eye health.*
- Supports increased energy and vitality.*
The HealthForce Edge
- The highest potency and best value Ginkgo extract product on the market – just one VeganCap™ per day contains 400% more Gingko extract than most other products.
- Therapeutic quantities of gotu kola and eleuthero added for enhanced effectiveness.
- EcoFresh Nutrient Lock Packaging™ (amber glass bottles, oxygen absorbers, and airtight metal lids with rubberized seal) preserves medicinal properties of herbs through expiration date. Refrigeration not required.
- No filler, binders, or flow agents. Nothing but highly therapeutic levels of potent liver support herbal extracts.
- Energenesis™ Energetic Enhancements: • Magnetic • Vibrational+
- All ingredients are optimally dried for maximum life force.
Suggested Use: 1 to 2 VeganCaps™ per day, taken all at once. Ideally, take on an empty or light stomach, such as with water or fresh, raw juices. Will still be effective when taken with food, but try to keep your meal light if consuming with CircuForce™.
Intensive Use: 4 VeganCaps™ total per day, taken in 2 divided servings.
Caution: Due to Gingko’s natural effect of increasing blood circulation, let your doctor know if you are taking any pharmaceutical blood thinning medications, including aspirin, as your dosage may need to be monitored and/or altered.
Suggested Lifestyle Adjuncts: Regular aerobic exercise and stress management.
Suggested HealthForce Adjuncts: Vitamineral Green™, Oxygen Supreme™, Antioxidant Extreme™, Friendly Fats™, Earth™, Digestion Enhancement Enzymes™.
Suggested Dietary Adjuncts: Cayenne, ginger, and an abundance of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables that include all the colors of the rainbow.