Nature's Happiness proudly supplies premium quality, whole food, organic, and natural supplements.
Flax Seeds & Powder
Flax seeds offer special health benefits. It has been said that flax seeds are one of the most powerful plant foods out there. They are a wonderful source of omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for optimal health. Flax seeds have been used for thousands of years, all the way back to Ancient Egyptian times. The Ancient Egyptians used flax fibers to produce linen. Over time flax seed once became one of the most vital crops across Europe and North America. Today, we still use flax for our linen but it is mainly praised for it’s excellent health benefits.
These little seeds are surprisingly packed with all sorts of healthy benefits.
- Just 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds contains 6 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, 3600 milligrams of Omega-3 fatty acids, with only 90 calories.
- Flaxseeds are a fabulous source of natural antioxidants which are call lignans. Lignans are found in many plants and seeds. One serving of flax contains approximately 75% more lignans then most other leaves and seeds.
- Flax powder is also known to improve blood sugar levels and help prevent diabetes and certain types of cancer such as colon, prostate and breast cancer.
- Flax reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Flax is a great source of calcium and iron, it is also high in B vitamins, magnesium and manganese.
- Flax is also rich in healthy oils which benefit healthy hair and skin.
An unbalanced diet can cause build up in your colon. Adding flax seed to your diet is an excellent way to cleanse out your colon and get rid of the unwanted build up. Flax powder also helps boost the immune system, reduces stress and hot flashes. Flax seeds also play an important role in normal brain, eye and nerve development as well as cardiovascular health.
Flax comes as whole or ground which is also refereed to as milled or flax meal. Flax powder can easily be added into smoothies or used as an egg substitute in baked goods.