Nature's Happiness proudly supplies premium quality, whole food, organic, and natural supplements.
Friendly Force The Ultimate Probiotic - Probiotics 101
Friendly Force The Ultimate Probiotic
Friendly Force Ultimate Probiotics are Raw, TruGanic (beyond organic), Gluten-free, Non-GMO, Vegan & Vegetarian. We believe they are some of the best probiotics out there. Probiotics offer a number of excellent health benefits. Friendly bacteria (probiotics) can help to prevent and treat many illnesses and diseases.
Humans are comprised of about 100 trillion cells. Shockingly, around 90% of these 100 trillion cells are single-celled microorganisms (bacteria, yeasts, and protozoa), most of which live in our intestinal tract. The human intestinal tract harbors one of the densest microbial communities found on Earth. When healthy, we have about 3 to 5 pounds of microorganisms living in our gut in perfect symbiotic relationship with us. We give them a place to live, and they perform numerous functions which enhance our health.
When we are healthy, a relatively small number of ‘friendly bacteria’ strains make up the bulk of our intestinal ecology (around 85%). These bacteria, known as probiotics (meaning ‘pro-life’), enhance our health by producing essential metabolic activity that is equivalent in scope to one of our internal organs:
- Actively involved in the digestion and absorption of our food, as they produce a number of enzymes that break down carbohydrates, proteins, fiber, and fats.
- Improve the bioavailability of many important micronutrients in the body, such as zinc, iron, phosphorus, all of the B vitamins, calcium, copper, and magnesium.*
- Manufacture vitamins B6, B12, K, folic acid, and assorted amino acids.
- Create lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide, and acetic acid that increase the acidity of the intestinal tract and thereby curb the reproduction of many harmful microorganisms. Probiotics also produce various antibiotic, antiviral, and antifungal compounds that help prevent the growth of harmful micoorganisms.*
- Help maintain healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.*
- Help maintain integrity of intestinal walls, reducing leaky gut syndrome, food intolerances, and food allergies.*
- Balance hormonal levels by producing, breaking down, and rebuilding hormones.*
- Create soft, easy-to-pass stools* (our stools are 60% bacteria).
- Regulate fecal transit time to restore regular, healthy bowel movements.*
- Promote vaginal health in women.*
- Strengthen and balance our immune system.* Eighty percent of our immune cells line the walls of our intestinal tract, and our friendly bacteria are an integral and foundational part of our innate and adaptive immune response.
- Help to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression by correcting neurotransmitter imbalances in the brain.* Probiotics play a role in producing, absorbing, and transporting neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and dopamine, which are essential for healthy brain function.*
The other 15% of our intestinal ecology are often called ‘unfriendly’ or ‘pathogenic’ microorganisms (e.g., E. coli and Salmonella). It is important to note that these unfriendly microbes are a normal part of a healthy intestinal ecology. It is only when these pathogenic organisms increase beyond the normal 15% that they create problems. Unfortunately, there are a number of aspects of life in the modern world which damage our friendly bacteria and support proliferation of the unfriendly organisms: stress, antibiotics, refined sugars, low fiber foods (meat, dairy, and white flour), chemicals (pesticides and herbicides), alcohol, medications (painkillers, NSAIDS, antacids), birth control pills, caffeine, cigarettes, artificial preservatives, chlorine and fluoride in tap water, radiation and chemotherapy, X-rays, mercury-containing dental fillings, carbonated beverages, and constipation.
Signs that unfriendly microorganisms have increased beyond the normal 15% levels in our intestinal tract may include: bloating after a meal, excessive gas, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, anxiety, irritability, headaches, bad breath, gum disease, excessive body odor, food intolerances, food allergies, weak immune system, fatigue, various GI tract disorders (e.g., IBS, colitis, IBD, and celiac), joint inflammation, and much more. Many scientific studies have supported the idea that regular consumption of probiotic supplements containing numerous strains of beneficial bacteria can help foster a healthy intestinal ecology and thereby improve our health.*
THE HEALTHFORCE EDGE
- Non-GMO, Vegan, dairy free, soy free, corn free, wheat free, and gluten free.
- Ultra-high potency (25 billion viable organisms per capsule).
- EcoFresh Nutrient Lock™. Our dark glass with unique metal lid and oxygen absorber protects 100% of nutrients (creates a vacuum). Glass is recycled/recyclable, does not outgas (see Note below), and is non-toxic to melt down. Plastic bottles and metal/foil pouches (worst and not recyclable) dramatically degrade nutrient levels. Plastic outgasses and is highly toxic to melt down.
- Note: All plastic containers (more so in soft plastic) release gases during the aging and degradation of a material. The volatile organic compounds (VOCs) released from plastic negatively affect our health.
- Shelf stable blend – refrigeration will extend life, but not required.
- 100% post-consumer recycled paper because we care about Mother Earth.
- Phenomenal value for money – best probiotic count/dollar. Choose from 25, 100, and 150 billion per serving.
- Ultra-hardy and implantable species.
- Probiotic protection and WHOLE FOOD prebiotics added into formula to ensure probiotic survivability and viability.
Friendly Force™ probiotics are grown on a rice base and then freeze-dried into a “dormant” state that is shelf stable (refrigeration not required) when stored in our EcoFresh Nutrient Lock Packaging™. Once consumed, a high percentage of these bacteria can absorb water and nutrients and come back to life. Friendly Force™ is designed to deliver the highest levels of beneficial, live, implantable probiotics (CFUs – Colony Forming Units) into your intestinal tract as possible. As such, Friendly Force™ contains only ultra-hardy strains that are able to withstand exposure to stomach acids and intestinal bile without being destroyed. When taken as directed, a high percentage of Friendly Force™ probiotics consumed can reach the intestinal walls intact and be available for colonization. All Friendly Force™ probiotics are normal residents of a healthy human intestinal mucosa:
Lactobacillus bulgaricus. Encourages growth of other friendly bacteria and inhibits growth of unfriendly bacteria* by reducing the pH of the intestinal environment. Supports growth of friendly bacteria on intestinal walls.* Produces natural antibiotics which have a wide range of immune-strengthening functions.* Helps prevent absorption of toxins from intestinal tract into our bloodstream.*
Lactobacillus plantarum. Supports reduced inflammation in intestinal tract.* Highly resistant to most antibiotics, yet destroys pathogens. Toxic to thousands of species of pathogenic microorganisms.* Has the unique ability to produce lysine, an important amino acid that can be deficient in vegan diets.
Lactobacillus paracasei. Helps to support digestion and immune system.* Supports growth of other friendly bacteria.*
Lactobacillus rhamnosus. Supports immune response through a number of different mechanisms.* Particularly useful in combating intestinal and urinary tract pathogens.* Studies have shown L. rhamnosus increases number of circulating antibodies by 6 to 8 times.*
Lactobacillus salivarius. Produces enzymes that are toxic to undesirable bacteria.* Helps support dental health.* Supports removal of encrusted, uneliminated fecal matter in intestinal tract.*
Streptococcus thermophilus. Supports immune function/modulation.* Inhibits pathogenic organisms* by producing lactic and acetic acids. Has documented ability to synthesize folate and B12.
Friendly Force™ also contains a number of WHOLE FOOD ‘prebiotics’ (substances that provide food for probiotics) and synergists. Prebiotics are a crucial component of any quality probiotic formula, as probiotics won’t survive their journey to the intestinal tract for colonization if they don’t have any food to eat along the way. These compounds also provide a number of other important benefits:
Yacon Root. High in inulin, an indigestible sugar that provides food for probiotics.
Burdock Root. High in inulin as well, providing food for probiotics. In addition, burdock is known to support blood purification.*
Marshmallow Root. Mucilaginous fiber helps soothe damaged and inflamed intestinal lining.* This unique fiber also helps protect probiotics from stomach acids and bile, improving probiotic survivability. In addition, mucilaginous fiber serves as a food source for probiotics.
Kelp. Also provides mucilaginous probiotic protection. Contains full-spectrum nutrients necessary to rebuild healthy intestinal mucosal linings.* Supports heavy metal chelation and radiation protection.* Contains the essential sugars mannose and fucose for immune support.*
Shilajit. Rich in minerals for rebuilding intestinal mucosal linings.*
Powerful adaptogenic properties.
FRIENDLY FORCE VS. ENTERIC COATED PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENTS
Many probiotic manufacturers try to convince you that a probiotic capsule must be enterically coated in order for the probiotics to survive exposure to stomach acids and make it to the intestinal tract where they can exert their benefits. This flies in the face of generations of traditional fermented food (e.g., sauerkraut and kefir) consumption to boost digestive health. Obviously, the probiotics in these traditional foods had no problems surviving stomach acids. Enteric coating is a very expensive process, which is built into the cost of the product, and often uses unhealthy synthetic chemicals. Friendly Force™ maximizes value for your money by using hardy, hard-core probiotic strains that do not need to be pampered with enterically coated capsules to survive stomach acids and bile fluids.
How to Consume: As a dietary supplement to help maintain and/or build a healthy intestinal ecology, take in water, juice, or a smoothie.
Suggested Use: Start with 1/4 teaspoon (1 VeganCap™) per day. Increase to 1 teaspoon (4 VeganCaps™) per day or more if desired. Take either all at once or in divided servings.